Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

elliptical ferrite in cst mwstudio

Status
Not open for further replies.

hock

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst ferrite

i had seen some paper in which they had used elliptical torrides for some cavity design.
i am not able to do that in cst MW studio 4. do i need a seperate license feature or is it some add on tool?
please help
hock

ferrite material properties cst

Can you upload that papers?

If you ask for ferites simulations you no need special license, it's included in standard packages.

i will upload it today.
can u please send me the feature list foe ur version.
hock

this is the paper.

"The geometry of the cavity (Fig. 2) is built of 4 equal
big elliptical tori; each pair of them makes “a cell”, inside
each pair a small-height cylinder is inserted (it presents an
equatorial line on the picture because of small height); 2
beam pipes: left and right; 3 irises, left, central and right,
made also with help of elliptic tori, the right iris has a
straight (cylindrical) segment; 4 cones with side profile
lines conjugated with the tori. Transition to the right beam
pipe is made in the form of a round torus. The equatorial
radius of the big tori was defined by the fundamental
mode frequency (1300 MHz)"

hock said:
i will upload it today.
can u please send me the feature list foe ur version.
hock

To have ferrite material is following:

Create new layer and in "Dispersion" set one of Magnetic dispersion.

Manual says:

Magnetic dispersion frame

Dispersion model: Here different magnetic dispersion models can be chosen, each definable by a different set of specific material properties.

The first material parameter for all magnetic dispersions models is the mue infinity value, representing the high frequency limit of the permeability.

Debye 1st order: The first order Debye dispersion describes a material relaxation process, determined by the relaxation time and the mue static value.

Debye 2nd order: The second order Debye dispersion describes a superposed relaxation process given by the summation of two separate first order Debye models. The corresponding parameters are the two relaxation times as well as both mue static values.

Lorentz: The Lorentz dispersion model describes a material resonance process, determined by the mue static value, the resonance frequency and the damping factor.

Gyrotropic: The magnetic gyrotropic or so-called gyromagnetic dispersion behavior is relevant for ferrite materials that are magnetized up to saturation by a homogeneous static magnetic field. The corresponding parameters can be determined either in the Gauss or SI unit system. In Gauss units they are given by the Landé factor, saturation magnetization (4 Pi M), the resonance line width representing the damping effects and finally the external applied magnetic field vector (x,y,z). Using SI units as the input system instead, the parameters are given by the Larmor frequency, the gyrotropic frequency, the damping factor and finally the unit vector for the biasing direction (x,y,z). Note that this material dispersion is not selectable for anisotropic layer settings.

---------------
Eirp

I need documentation ( books , articles or web sites) about "The second order Debye dispersion and equation".

Added after 1 minutes:

I need documentation ( books , articles or web sites) about "The second order Debye dispersion and equation".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back