Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pcb test desing

rsklan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am making electronic circuit design but the PCB test takes a lot of time. I thought if I design a test circuit I could be earning time. What do you think about these project? Do you have any idea or how can I make ıt ?

If I design test card only one circuit I can't use other design. I want to one card for the a lot of PCB card

Hi,

This are only vague informations. Nothing we can work with.

If you need a useful answer, provide detailed informations.

Your PCB could be
* a temperature measurement unit with expected accuracy of 0.01°C
* a BLDC motor control for 3 x 500A
* a GHz transmitter
* a low noise Audio application
* a huge disply controller for 3840 x 2160 x 4 LEDs
* or any other

All need different test methods for testing different functions ... with different effort ...

Klaus

I am making electronic circuit design but the PCB test takes a lot of time. I thought if I design a test circuit I could be earning time. What do you think about these project? Do you have any idea or how can I make ıt ?

If I design test card only one circuit I can't use other design. I want to one card for the a lot of PCB card
This is like saying “I want a vehicle that can drive on the road and underwater and in outer space and on the surface of the sun”.

Sounds like you are looking for a common test bench for PCB testing. Having a PCB tester is good for doing short-circuit tests and broken trace detection.
Well, actually you can make one by yourself. You can make a miniature PCB tester like this one.
It is based on ATTINY84 by Microchip Technology. The code is done in Arduino IDE. There is an LED in the board that lights up an LED if the board is working correctly.

Sounds like you are looking for a common test bench for PCB testing. Having a PCB tester is good for doing short-circuit tests and broken trace detection.
Well, actually you can make one by yourself. You can make a miniature PCB tester like this one.
It is based on ATTINY84 by Microchip Technology. The code is done in Arduino IDE. There is an LED in the board that lights up an LED if the board is working correctly.
But That's for companent. I Want to desing Automated test equipment (ATE).
--- Updated ---

This is like saying “I want a vehicle that can drive on the road and underwater and in outer space and on the surface of the sun”.
If we should make this Why not ? :))

Jut I need Automated test equipment (ATE) desing.

Creating a test circuit to speed up PCB testing is a smart idea for electronic circuit design. Making a universal test card that fits different PCB layouts can save a lot of time. You can add connectors and features like adjustable voltage levels and signal generators for flexibility. Working with hardware engineers and following industry standards can give you good advice. Using simulation software before building the test circuit helps improve its design. By focusing on a good test circuit, you can test PCBs faster, saving time and money. Just make sure the test card works with different PCB designs. With careful planning, a well-designed test circuit can really help speed up PCB testing and make your electronic circuit projects more successful.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: