Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Merging step files

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have two step files. These two step files belong to half part of one electronic component for printed circuit boards. I need to put them together in the same file. Can I use Fusion 360. Is that possible to add/import the step files in to Fusion 360 and merge them and export as a single step file ? I guess some basic things can be done in Fusion 360 without any setting up purchased license, right ?

You can use FreeCad to merge step files. Just start new project and import step files into it one by one. Imported parts will appear in same work area. Than you can move/arrange these parts as desired and export result as another step file. For example in a picture below each PCB and two types of spacers has been imported from different step files and merged into one assembly which can be exported in a whole as an another step file.
1714200149931.png

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back