Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

$ynop$ys library install problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsnail

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,all
I try to install the foundry library which provided by Syno$ys by runing the install script "*.csh" on RH8.0 X86,but meet a lot of syntax error. Dose the install script surport linux Cshell? Anybody install it in X86 RH8 successful ? pls give me some suggestion,thanks!

snail

u can just unpack it then use it

It need licen$e.
I unpack it and got the files *.tar.Z.X . How to do with these *.tar.Z.X files in Next step.

get the license from synopsys. dont look here...........

hock

I install it in solaris successful,I can debug it and fix syntax errors one by one in RH8.I just want to know anybody done it ,not beg for licen$e.

It can not be used in linux,
because the only one execute file is only for Sparc.

Installation requires a license + you need to install it on sun Sparc Machine
then transfer the files to linux 86 machine!

As above floor said. You can install it in a Sun Box. After that re-pack it as a tar-ball for transfering into linux-box. It can be used in the linux-box, except the memory compiler.

u need a licence from synopsy.

eins99 said:
As above floor said. You can install it in a Sun Box. After that re-pack it as a tar-ball for transfering into linux-box. It can be used in the linux-box, except the memory compiler.

Hi
You can not use memory compiler just outside of sun-sparc and HP-HPUX.

tnx

jimjim2k said:
eins99 said:

Hi
You can not use memory compiler just outside of sun-sparc and HP-HPUX.

tnx
In my reply, I did mean what you said, didn't I ?

Status
Not open for further replies.