Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx Simplifies Embedded Processing Design With New 6.3i P

Status
Not open for further replies.

dainis

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
https://www.us.design-reuse.com/news/news8699.html

SAN JOSE, Calif., September 20, 2004 – Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced the new version 6.3i of the Platform Studio for system-level embedded processing design on Xilinx Platform FPGAs. The Platform Studio tool suite automates a host of architecture-level design steps and offers a powerful new software environment based on the industry-standard Eclipse integrated design environment (IDE). The Platform Studio 6.3i release supports the Xilinx processor solutions, including the MicroBlaze and immersed PowerPC cores, the industry’s most popular soft and hard processors. The new 6.3i release enables system-level design for the newly introduced Virtex-4 LX, SX, and FX device families, and supports the Xilinx Virtex and Spartan-3 Series Platform FPGAs.

The basic Platform Studio 6.3i tool suite supports HW/SW platform design with a wide variety of optimized design engines and introduces the new Platform Studio Software Development Kit (SDK) as an alternative software design environment for power users. Software compiler, debugger, and automatic board support package (BSP) generation as well as a base system builder and enhanced IP creation wizards are all included in Platform Studio. This entire suite of tool components is conveniently bundled with a processing IP library, software drivers, documentation, reference designs and the MicroBlaze soft processor IP core in the new 6.3i release of the Xilinx Embedded Development Kit (EDK).

Software Platform Advancements
Platform Studio SDK 6.3i streamlines the software savvy engineer’s experience with a specialized software design environment based on the industry-standard, open-source Eclipse IDE. Power software developers now have the choice to create code in the basic Platform Studio IDE or alternatively to work in this familiar SW studio environment that is becoming ubiquitous across the embedded industry. The new 6.3i version also introduces a graphical memory map manager to simplify and track the system memory allocation, as well as linker script generation to expedite the process. To save engineers from having to create stacks from scratch, 6.3i IP library also includes a new lightweight TCP/IP network software stack for use with Xilinx hardware processor implementations.

Re: Xilinx Simplifies Embedded Processing Design With New 6.

Hi,

does anyone works with EDK 6.2 and ISE 6.2 ... any comments on what you are working on and how big your devices and designs are ... i am working with an XC2VP40 with AMD Flash, 10/100 ETH, DDR, UART ... the main purpose will be logging of data to flash and offload over ethernet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back