Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx-modelsim integration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

diju.ms

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
haai

i am using xilinx 9.2 for VHDL/Verilog coding.My simulation tool is Modelsim 10.0.I have set the integrated tools option in xilinx as modelsim.For VHDL it is working perfectly.but when i am simulating Verilog model sim shows the error every time.I am not able to understand what it is...can anyone please help me...

the error message is.......

do {mux.fdo}
# ** Warning: (vlib-34) Library already exists at "work".
# Model Technology ModelSim SE vlog 10.0b Compiler 2011.05 May 5 2011
# -- Compiling module mux
#
# Top level modules:
# mux
# Model Technology ModelSim SE vlog 10.0b Compiler 2011.05 May 5 2011
# -- Compiling module glbl
#
# Top level modules:
# glbl
# vsim -L cpld_ver -L uni9000_ver -lib work -t 1ps mux glbl
# ** Note: (vsim-3812) Design is being optimized...
# ** Error: (vopt-19) Failed to access library 'cpld_ver' at "cpld_ver".
# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)
# ** Error: (vopt-19) Failed to access library 'uni9000_ver' at "uni9000_ver".
# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)
# ** Error: C:/Xilinx92i/verilog/src/glbl.v(58): Vopt Compiler exiting
# Error loading design
# Error: Error loading design
# Pausing macro execution
# MACRO ./mux.fdo PAUSED at line 7

Error: C:/Xilinx92i/verilog/src/glbl.v(58)

There are problems related to the accessing libraries use in glbl.v code. You have to check where is the libraries (cpld_ver and uni9000_ver) directories and make sure it is compiled before compiling the glbl.v code.

Thanks.

i am not able to solve this problem..i tried all options in the simulator options.one of my friend is using the same softwares and same versions...he is not having this problem...can anyone please help me???

- - - Updated - - -

i am not able to solve this problem..i tried all options in the simulator options.one of my friend is using the same softwares and same versions...he is not having this problem...can anyone please help me???

From the error, it is clear that the simulator did not find 2 libraries in order to continue the simulation process. There is no problem with the simulator itself (that's why your friend does not have problem at all). It is the problem of setting/configuration in order to tell the simulator to look at certain directories to be able to find the libraries that you use in your HDL.

vsim -L cpld_ver -L uni9000_ver -lib work -t 1ps mux glbl

Is the cpld and uni9000 library is in the same directory you run the simulation or in other directory?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.