Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx ISE on Macbook AIr

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrobuz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to install Xilinx ISE / Vivado on my Macbook Air. However, I found out that Xilinx softwares are not compatible with Mac OS X. One possibility to accomplish this is to install ISE using a VM (or using bootcamp and installing windows on my mac), which i wanted to avoid due to low in-system memory of Macbook air. I wanted to know if there are any other ways to get it working for Mac OS X?

Since neither Quartus II nor Xilinx ISE are compatible with Mac OS X, are there any other IDEs that could be used to program FPGAs through Macbook?

It's been my experience, and I'm not a "Mac" person, that trying to force a windows program to run on a Mac is going to cause you more frustration than it's worth. Maybe you can run the Linux version on a Mac? It just seems that certain types of software just don't have Mac versions. There must be a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back