Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx Evalboard choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

halunke86

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm looking for a Xilinx FPGA evaluationboard with the following features:

- 2 analog-digital-converters
- 1 digital-analog-converter
- microblaze, picoblaze support

Another boundary condition is that it shouldn't cost too much (I'm a student, so I have a finit budget)
There was an evalboard from NU Horizon with these features (Spartan3A DSP Reference Kit), but unfortunably it is no longer availible....

Does anyone have an idea of an alternative?

Thanks for your help

Benny

Hi,
Probably u can try a silica Spartan LX9 Microboard with A/D and D/A convertor pMODs from Digilent.

just a suggestion if ur looking for low cost solution.

May be people can give a better insight if you explain your requirement a little bit.

Probably u can try a silica Spartan LX9 Microboard with A/D and D/A convertor pMODs from Digilent.

Sounds like a good suggestion. For fpga board I would either say the Silica LX9 board ($89) or the ($119 if you can get the academic pricing).

And then either buy the PMODs for the ADC and DAC functionality. Or, if you are cheap like me, do the DACs + ADCs yourself. For simple stuff I use AD5625R / AD5645R from Analog and ADS7866 from TI. Easy, cheap, and low bandwidth. :p

On the ADC side, if you want easy and cheap AND 24-bit, I can recommend the ADS1258EVM. It's about $50 for a multichannel 24-bit thingy. In the high res, low bandwidth sampling area I don't know of a better price/performance board. Because if I did know about it, I'd have bought that. :p

Also, check this list for even more options: Cheap FPGA Development Boards | Joel's Compendium of Total Knowledge

Kindly go thru the spec ,this board has the same feature as requested

**broken link removed**

Do you have price information on that? Couldn't find any...

This question was cross-posted to the Xilinx forum at Evalboard with ADC - Xilinx User Community Forums .

Once the OP admitted what their required ADC specifications were (12-bit, 50 MSPS), the consensus was that no off-the-shelf evaluation board was suitable on its own.

Mmmh, no cheap ADC add-on boards that I know of with those specs... Then again, in the other cross-post I read that the budget was < $500, so that would seem doable. I read "student" + "cheap" so that auto-translated to $100. :p Which only goes to show that A) I should assume nothing and B) the OP should really try to be as specific as he can be in his Request For Goodies.

Mmmh, now that I think about it ... you could look for Texas Instruments ADC eval boards in the 12-bit range. They sometimes have real bargains. And no I don't know any specific solution, that's your job. :p

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

Okay, I was curious .... The ADS5292EVM is about $299 for an 8-channel 65 MSPS 12-bit ADC board. No bargain price, but doable. ish. sortof. in some way or other. possibly.

Heh, and as suspected, the ADS5294EVM has the exact same pricing. :p So that's 8-channel, 80 MSPS, 14-bit for $299. Okay, curiosity satisfied. You can do the rest now. :p

The LTC DC1525A-J demo board is only $200 and gives you 4-channels, 12-bit, 65 MSPS, and an FMC interface. The cheapest Xilinx evaluation board with FMC is the SP601 at $295, so you'll just scrape under the $500 budget with no DAC.

Play your guitar in a train station for a couple of hours and you'll be able to afford the Digilent PmodI2S, which is compatible with the SP601 and gives stereo audio output, for $19.99.

Play your guitar in a train station for a couple of hours and you'll be able to afford the Digilent PmodI2S ...

A novel and adroit suggestion! People might even offer free fpga boards for you to stop playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back