Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx Device utilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanya22

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing addition of "A" and "B" in an Adder design,where A and B both are 8 bits each, and I want to know how much resources are utilized in terms of Slices, etc in Xilinx for different simulations.i.e if i do addition of 1 bit, how much actual devices are used.
Can I get the count in Xilinx ?

Yes.
Write the code - compile it, and check the compilation reports.

I have written a single code for eight bit addition, compiled it but what I need is that for different bit addition's (i.e 1 bit, 2 bit, 3 b..) I need separate device utilization summary, using same code.Is it possible ?

If you wrote an 8 bit addition, then thats what you'll get the summary for.
You will have to modify the code to see the utilisation for 1bit, 2bit etc.

Use a parameter or generic to modiy the width of the arguments and result. Then set it to a nee value on each implementation run using the synthesis porperties.

ads-ee
Can you please explain a little , as I have not worked with generic setting

VHDL -> generics
Verilog -> parameters
Read up on this...

Add a generic/parameter to the code for the bit widths of the input/outputs of the adder. Then set the generic/parameter from the ISE synthesis properties panel (assuming ISE as you did not specify)
Capture.JPG

The syntax is like this: {parameter_name_1=0 parameter_name2=1}

{} around the entire thinig, no spaces around the "=" and spaces between the name/value pairs. See the guidelines and examples on page 330

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back