Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xbox video breakout board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a Xbox AV break out adaptor and I'm wondering about connecting boards together and impedance matching.

I have two boards basically with ipex/ u.fl rf connectors between each board to carry video signals and i was wanting to use a more eligant solution such as a flexable PCB or FFC cable and connectors but I wish to maintain signal integrity and match impedance but im not very fimular in this area and need a bit of help.

The setup works well as long as only my extended cables are connected or the vactory video port.

It would be nice to be able to use the original video cable plug with out removing cable provided by my solution and I'm wondering if there is something that can sample the video signals and buffer them to my remote board without degrading the signal.

i was thinking something like the THS7316DR Analog Video Filter/Amp as linked below:

Details of my project below:

Attachments

• avip v2.jpg
    avip v2.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 127
  • component board.jpg
    component board.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 130

Status
Not open for further replies.