Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Working of teamviewer tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneesholv

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How the teamviewer application works ? Is it works based on IP address ? Then what is the need of 9 digit ID number. please help me

It works like remote connect--I'm sure it has something to do with an IP address, but instead of this, they gave the user a 9 digit ID number--each person with the software has an ID number and a password. To connect to somebody with TeamViewer running, you open TeamViewer, select the option to connect to somebody, put in their 9-digit ID, and then input their 4-digit password. You don't need to know your IP address when you're using TeamViewer.

I am sure that the group who made TeamViewer wanted to provide something less technical than an IP address, since a lot of people don't know their IP address or how to find it.

I am not sure that it works on IP address ....But I know VNC server works on IP address.....In case of team viewer I think what that 9 bit number dose is allow the access of your desktop from other machine....

How this communication occure without ip address through internet ? Can you tell how the communication happened using 9 bit number ?

How this communication occure without ip address through internet ? Can you tell how the communication happened using 9 bit number ?

Who told you that? How skype communication is occured without IP ?

Over dedicated server, provided by author/company of software.

Status
Not open for further replies.