Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless USB Promoter Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

dainis

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wireless usb pdf

On February 17, 2004, at the Intel® Developer Forum,
Intel Corporation and other technology industry leaders
announced the formation of the Wireless USB Promoter
Group. Focused on delivering the first high-speed personal
wireless interconnect, the group includes Agere Systems, HP,
Intel, Microsoft Corporation, NEC, Philips Semiconductors,
and Samsung Electronics.

https://www.intel.com/technology/ultrawideband/downloads/wirelessUSB.pdf

Re: New Wireless USB

How do you think- is this the end of bluetooth? :wink:

BLUETOOTH WAS BORN DEAD .. how many BLUETOOTH devices do YOU HAVE ?
The protocol is too heavy and the range too short !..
By by bluetooth ...

The problem was also consumption.
Let see what it will be for this high speed wireless link!

Cypress Semiconductor has some fine wireless USB chips... my samples are on the way... can't wait....

~joco~

I am writing this post from China where I am visiting a manufacturer to make a new Bluetooth based product. Initial order is 100K units.

Please write back and let me know if I should cancel my order before it is too late!

JJ

its almost the same bluetooth. with few changes frequency shifted for 2.4 to around 7 to increase the date trasfer speed up 480Mb/sec. So i call it next generation Bluetooth :)

what is the difference between the intel and cypress?

this question was intended for this topic?

Wireless USB is 480Mb and IEEE 802.11a/g has 54Mb. Can Wireless USB kill 802.11a/g ??

zhan said:
Wireless USB is 480Mb and IEEE 802.11a/g has 54Mb. Can Wireless USB kill 802.11a/g ??

come on you can do better then this. IEEE 802.11a/g is for wireless Lan and usb is ppp. can u see what u just wrote ?

Wireless USB is based on Ultra_Wide_Band(UWB) technology. It operates like digital Morse code, one specific short pulse represents "1" while another specific pulse represents "0", no carrier frequency is needed to convey the information. So someone calls it "digital" radio. Due to its short pulse, its signal spectrum may cover several GHz range to interference other communication device like GPS, WLAN , GSM .... . So its transmit power must be very very low to prevent this interference, and this limitation will limit its usage range within few meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back