Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless power transfer for lightning led.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeetkumar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am working on wireless power transmission project. The frequency on which i am working is 18-20 Mhz. I was wondering if any one of you know what kind of led or bulb will light at this frequency?? My simulation and practical results gave me 70% efficiency. The only problem is i need to light up led or some sort of bulb in order to show that system is working properly.

P.s. I got practical results from network analyzer.

Thanks in advance.

what is your model? Typically wireless power converts AC signals into DC voltage for charging or switching. Are you able to share your model?

Hi All,

I am working on wireless power transmission project. The frequency on which i am working is 18-20 Mhz. I was wondering if any one of you know what kind of led or bulb will light at this frequency?? My simulation and practical results gave me 70% efficiency. The only problem is i need to light up led or some sort of bulb in order to show that system is working properly.

P.s. I got practical results from network analyzer.

Thanks in advance.

At ~20 MHz, the only bulb you can use is a small incandescent bulb. You do not indicate the power level. There are tiny straight-line bulbs that operate at 1.5 or 3V (like in a digital wrist-watch) that can be used at > 500 MHz.

To light a LED, you must use DC current, so you must use a rectifier to operate it. Many "harvesting" projects use LEDS in a way that a 10 uF or 100 uF capacitor is slowly charged by a RF rectifier, then discharged into a LED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back