Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless charger for phone or any other electronic device

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonubkk

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i was jus wondering..is it possible to make a wireless phone or any electronic device charger..i wud like to hv all details related to this topic..becuz i might be making one of them for my university project..

thanxx

wireless charger technique

Yes, but it would be extremely inefficent, maybe 2% if your lucky.But if you want to make one I suggest a transformer for high voltage for better efficency and longer range.

Try getting 2 100-loops of wire and put a 9 volt battery on one and a volt/100 or so (the name of the meter escapes me) meter on the other coil and click the contacts of the batter on the wire loop.You should see a small and fast power spike.And go on from there.

Re: wireless charger??

as far as i know something like that would have a lot of powerloss and hence would be very inefficient... if u try a transformer type it ain't gonna be that movable coz u move it away the efficiency is gonna go down... maybe u can try using light energy...

thnx for ur comments...if its so inefficent...can i use something to focus the waves towards the direction of my device that i wanna charge...will that make it any better..

thnx

Wind 200 loops of 28 gauge wire around a bolt and 300-500 loops of wire around another bolt and use AC voltage or a crystal on the 200 loops to produce AC.On the second 300-500 loops add a diode to make the voltage DC.You wont have to plug it in so there for it is wireless but i wouldnt place it more than 1/12 of an inch away.

Actually the present topic is a contraversial one, Transferring Microwave Energy. As was mentioned above, this would be so efficient, and more important than that, expensive, that wouldnt worth even trying.

There is a way to up the efficency a bit without using radiation.if you were to use a piece of metal that is cuved the same as the telescopes and put the reciever at the focal point you will get better range and efficency.

Science/Hawkings related.It would be easier if you could bend space itself and create 2 black holes connecting to each other in a straight line.In theory its possible and if im right just the slightest movement would get you through (would break the equlibreum of both black holes gravitational pull or you would need mass amounts of energy, fusion wouldn't be enough!)But if you could proffesor Hawkings would be your apprentice.

wireless charger??

Check out : eCoupled Intelligent Wireless Power
**broken link removed**

They are working on a method called induction. Lots of paper there.

Tooth brush works on the same technique.

There's an article regarding this subject in this month's Scientific America magazine.

Check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.