Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wipro VLSI job suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepika deepb

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all...

im placed in wipro VLSI as well as in a software company offering salary relatively higher than wipro VLSI...so im little confused in selecting which one to opt for...can anyone please suggest me about the work and career growth in wipro VLSI...I will be very thankful...

if you really like electronics then go for wipro vlsi..............
Hi all...

im placed in wipro VLSI as well as in a software company offering salary relatively higher than wipro VLSI...so im little confused in selecting which one to opt for...can anyone please suggest me about the work and career growth in wipro VLSI...I will be very thankful...

if you really like electronics then go for wipro vlsi..............

thanku for ur reply...but can u be able 2 help me out by giving suggestion regarding the career growth and working environment (heard its bit stressful ) .....im interested in electronics ..so only im reconsidering over wipro VLSI inspite of its low package....

maybe stressful sometimes towards the end of projects but im sure youll learn a lot there.........For me its interesting............
thanku for ur reply...but can u be able 2 help me out by giving suggestion regarding the career growth and working environment (heard its bit stressful ) .....im interested in electronics ..so only im reconsidering over wipro VLSI inspite of its low package....

sir (dll_fpga),
I too got selected for Wipro VLSI... I'm so much interested in electronics.... How will be the increments in the salary? and will they sponsor me for studying MS under a bond?
Initially a salary of 3.25 l p.a is said.... How much 'll be the increments, and how it 'll be calculated?

Hi,

How much 'll be the increments, and how it 'll be calculated
you will be getting around 17k-18k in hand's at starting to end of year
increments calculated according to performance, i have seen 4-5 people getting 30% of their normal salary in wipro vlsi

I am in final sem of M.E - Applied Electroncis and placed in TCS and Wipro VLSI.
TCS package is a bit more than Wipro and Wipro VLSI didn't mentioned the salary for M.E students but for B.E/B-Tech they r giving 3.2LpA.
:sad:

I am very much interested in VLSI & Chip designing, but is that the work which we ll be doing in Wipro, or simple s/w VHDL coding alone... ?
:roll:

What work we actually be doing after joining in Wipro VLSI ? Please suggest me where to join ?
:???:

I am in final sem of M.E - Applied Electroncis and placed in TCS and Wipro VLSI.
TCS package is a bit more than Wipro and Wipro VLSI didn't mentioned the salary for M.E students but for B.E/B-Tech they r giving 3.2LpA.

I am very much interested in VLSI & Chip designing, but is that the work which we ll be doing in Wipro, or simple s/w VHDL coding alone... ?

What work we actually be doing after joining in Wipro VLSI ? Please suggest me where to join ?

some of the fields are
1)Design
2)verification
3)DFT
4)Physical design

you will be given training in any of the domains above.....and ull be working in that field.Wipro also provide opportunities to switch betwwen domains based on our performance and experience.

[/COLOR]Thank u very much for ur information.
how about the career growth at Wipro...?
Recently i heard that many employes are sent out from Wipro silently...!!! how far is that true..?

how about the increments there in wipro vlsi ?? do they change the domain to software ?? is there any provision to do MS (microelectronics ) in BITS PILANI with which wipro ha s collaboration?? what is the procedure to do it ? in my offer letter it s specified as three performance categories 2.75,3,3.25.. based on what they decide this ?? how will the training be ?? how about the training assessments ?? is it tough to score in them ? training and materials alone enough to score in them or it will require additional learning from books and net ? vlsi division is there in chennai a ? what will happen if one cant perform well in those assessments ?? will there be firing out if not performing well in assessments.. how about the cost of living in banglore ? can anyone clear these doubts ? it will be useful for me and my frnds from my college who got selected in wipro vlsi :)

Last edited:

how about the increments there in wipro vlsi ?? do they change the domain to software ?? is there any provision to do MS (microelectronics ) in BITS PILANI with which wipro ha s collaboration?? what is the procedure to do it ? in my offer letter it s specified as three performance categories 2.75,3,3.25.. based on what they decide this ?? how will the training be ?? how about the training assessments ?? is it tough to score in them ? training and materials alone enough to score in them or it will require additional learning from books and net ? vlsi division is there in chennai a ? what will happen if one cant perform well in those assessments ?? will there be firing out if not performing well in assessments.. how about the cost of living in banglore ? can anyone clear these doubts ? it will be useful for me and my frnds from my college who got selected in wipro vlsi :)

Dear Lokesh, may I know from which college have u completed ur graduation and when did u receive the offer letter ? Whether it is for Wipro Generic offer or for Wipro VLSI specific ? Haw did u be taken into Wipro VLSI ? - either through Generic process or BLSI Specific....

I am from RMKEC ..we had a separate wipro vlsi campus interview .. offer letter will be general .. the detailed appointment letter only will contain all details itseems ...

join TCS :roll::grin::lol::p:-o:???::grin::twisted::idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.