Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will same chip by different manufactures work differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wars0696

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've got a problem with a third of my communications units not working correctly. I've narrowed the problem down to one PCB (and have eliminated all the obvious faults), the only noticeable difference between the working and none working PCB is that the IC 73M550-IP on the working boards was manufactured by Silicon Systems and the same IC on the none working board was manufactured by TDK. Can the manufacturer really be the problem?

Many thanks

Some enhancement are generally noticeable between different manufacturers... but they take care that the ICs are compatible... i dont think manufacturer would be the problem... better compare the signals between the not working board and the working boards... if you've soldered an IC base and placing the ICs on them you can try interchanging the IC to isolate this prob....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back