Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wich one works better Vissim,Systemview or Simulink??

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltonjohn

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vissim versus simulink

Which one works better for YOU? Vissim,Systemview or Simulink
I'm, trying to develop a methodology of Hardware Design design using
C -> HandelC or other -> FPGA + DSP ..and matlab -> java -> FPGA + DSP . So far the only product that really works for me is Simulink + Realtime workshop + TLC ..
Unfurtunatly Matlab products are good but the learning curb is long ..
Vissim is great , .. systemview is a little better but too generic .. and too pricy ...The reason that both companies don't want to produce full c code for their blocks is that they are afraid people will copy their functionnality .. Instead they give you code to link with their pre compiled libraries ,,.,this i mean ...if you pay .
But i like their methodologies !!

vissim vs simulink

I had success with Simulink + Realtime worksop + PC104 or PC with AD/DA Boards. You can get C-code with Filter Solution.

java->FPGA

Are you using Forge for this? If you are what do you think of it - is it worth spending the time to do a serious evaluation?

if i was the developer of vissim/systemview, i would do the same, u know, give u a compiled lib rather than c source code.
it's not only a tool that simulates the system, but includes many algorithms, which are also hard to get freely in the market.
I personally prefer systemview. I've tried to develop blocks in C code for VisSim, but found many inconvenient aspects, especially their poor documentation. in short, vissim appears unprofessional to me.

I wanted to know about Vissim libraries. As you know, when using simulink you have a complete set of library for communication system design to ... statistical analysis, does Vissim also contain these libraries. What about the support? suppose that you are developing a system and suddenly you understand that you need a block which is not available in simulink, you can simply send a post in mathwork's forum. I have personally done this, and in a few hours, an engineer from mathwork helped me to make my own block.

I like SystemView and Vissim both

Reactions: sahep

sahep

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi, talap. Do you have SystemView with working matlab link and code generation tool?

to: mami_hacky
vissim can call mathcad blocks.
systemview can call matlab functions.
also, they have plenty of algorithm blocks themselves.
so, don't worry about it.

please; systemview download link

urgent.........
hi everybody here,

I need your help.
please if you have free systemview download link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back