Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wi -Fi What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai
A lot of being heard about Wi Fi.

What is it?

And also Intel Centrino and relation between those two
What is its commercial sigificance?
Picstudent

i dont really know much, but what i knew was Wi-Fi is a wireless internet access and intel centrino was made specially for laptops or notebook.... it's a mobile tecnology.....so, i guess the relationship was that mostly new laptops are included with wireless network connection and this centrino is designed for good performance with wireless network(faster network connections).

UroBoros

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Wi-Fi... Wireless fidelity. It is a set of rules and standards that insures that any Wi-Fi certified device will operate with another Wi-Fi device regardless of the manufacturer of the equipment. This has been issued because the standard identified a standard for each component but not a standard for all of them together which means that a manufacturer can use a certain band, security and an antenna, but another vendor may use another standard for band, security and an antenna. These two equipments will not interoperate together. Wi-Fi insures that if are Wi-Fi certified then you will be able to operate with any other Wi-Fi certified equipment.

Intel centrino is a processor for mobile platforms

so most laptops come with this Pentium M processor which is power optimized than any other pentium processor ....

and since wi-fi is also meant for mobile Host... the centrino and Wi-Fi go together
to build a perfectly mobile laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back