Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why using Buffer after ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

itmr

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI ALL
i am fpga design engineer and i have a little question for you - why using op amp as buffer after adc

the main reason i guess is to increase the gain - but some one toldme that its good for data acquisition and i didn't understood why???

does somebody can help me to understand it?

thank u all

Do you mean a buffer amplifier in front of the ADC? What's the ADC's sampling rate? Did you know the suggested source impedance for achieving full ADC performance?

FVM - i know that buffer amplifier in front of ADC suppose to increase the gain of the input signal - that comes from any sensor 4 example.
my question refer not to specific adc or specific sampling rate - i mean i just want to know what the needed of output buffer 4 ADC when the adc connected to FPGA - i guess that there are 2 reasons - the first is to equalization the voltage level ( adc plot samples with 3.3v and FPGA suppose to get 1.8 v ...) the secound is to avoid any fail in the FPGA WHEN THE adc faild or some thing.

did you have more reason to this output buffer?

1.JPG

this is the scheme

That's a low pass filter BEFORE the ADC.
That it has been drawn after the ADC doesn't mean it is after the ADC. Follow the signal flow.

JayantD you right but there is buffer after the adc -named NL27WZ17DF - LOOK AT THIS...IT CONNECTED TO THE SERIAL DATA THAT COMES FROM THE ADC

Level conversion of digital signals may be required in some cases, but you have been asking for an op amp buffer.

this is a noise consideration. i.e. isolate noise coupling from fpga to adc. when you calculate your adc accuracy spec, you will need to consider buffer or nonbuffer architecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back