Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why the maximum output of an op-amp remains at the supply voltages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.m.keerthi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Why the maximum output of an op-amp remains at the supply voltages even though it has high gain?

Re: op-amp

Because is impossible obtain a upper voltage than the supply

In practice, the maximun voltage is 1 to 2 volts less than the supply, this is the limit
in this state the op-amp is saturated. If you conect a upper voltage in the input, the output no change, this propiety is very important for convert a analog input in a digital output in the FSK or ASK demodulators

op-amp

In real opamp, the gain of the opamp will be reduced when the output voltage becomes large. The marimum is closed to supply depending on the opamp design

op-amp

low of energy conversation. energy is always converted in to another form. For opamp the maximum input energy is supply voltage so maximum output always depends on maximum supply. nothing extra input for OPAMP so you can not get more then input

op-amp

O/p voltage of the amplifier can not be greate than suply voltage which is generally less than 15 volt. theorically it has infinite gain but practically u can not achieve because of saturation..

t.m.keerthi said:
Why the maximum output of an op-amp remains at the supply voltages even though it has high gain?

If u take any devive for example, the max output will be the supply voltage. otherwise where can it get the voltage??? So the case of the op amp....

THERE ARE NO INTERNAL VOLATGE BOOSTER OR GENERATOR THAT CAN GIVE U SOME XTRA VOLTAGE THAAN SUPPLY VOLTS.OP AMP HAS LIMITED OUTPUT VOLTAGE COZ OF SUPPLY VOLTAGE

Hi Guys The real answer to this question from lot of teaching experience and practical experience as well I faced this problem when i was conducting lab work in GIK Institute to my Batch 10 students.

Here is Answer:

Op-Amp output voltage can not go beyond the Biasing Voltage you have supplied to the Amplifier. So the upper limit is Biaising voltage you have supplied.

BR,

Arif Khan

Please press helped me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back