Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why some mp3 files were skipped on DVD player but played ok on computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sita

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I have a doubt.....

I had a MP3 disc. Initially, when I played it on DVD Player, it played some songs, but later some portions were skipped while playing. But when I played on Computer, it played all the portions.

From my knowledge, I think the reason is different portions were recorded with different writing speeds. DVD Player may take a specific writing speed and could not play the portion recorded with different speed. But computer may could adjust the playing speed according to writing speed.

Is this right? Further, how computer does it?

Regards,
sita

Re: doubt

Hi Friend,

I think that the mp3 disc contains different type of formats of data (Eg: MP3, WAV, OGG, ACC, etc) Your dvd player is not capable of decoding all types of data. But the media player in your computer is efficient enough to do it. For Eg. Your DVD player can decode only MP3 & WAV formats and it cannot decode OGG, ACC etc. To check this Insert the CD and in the contents window right click and select "Arrange Icons By" and then select "Type" and again right click select "Arrange Icons By" and then select "Show in Groups". You will find what all kinds of data you have in your disc.

And the writing speeds cannot be changed in between files unless or otherwise it is used as an Multisession disc.

Regards,
Avinash.S.

Re: doubt

Hi Friend,

I mean that if you have 50 songs in the disc. Out of 50, 20 may be of the non decodable type. Is that ok.

Regards,
Avinash.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.