Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why my LED on FT232RL not on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bianchi77

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,

Why my LED on FT232RL not on ?
I can see data transmission already on my software in PC, but LED is off,
I have check my LED polarity, it's fine and LED condition is fine too...probe with battery,

the circuit :

any ideas why ?
thanks

Hi,

The schematic of led is not clear. I assume your are connecting the anode to ft232rl and kathode to ground. If so it will not work. The LED should sink not source. Otherwise just check your hardware with a continuity meter. If that too does not work then reset the settings of the device by using the utility provided by the manufacturer.

Last edited:

hi
have you used this configuration to connect LEDs?
leds.jpg
and you may want to check the configuration for CBUS pins as described in section 3.5 (the default config is CBUS0 for TxLED & CBUS1 for RxLED)

hi
have you used this configuration to connect LEDs?
View attachment 95879
and you may want to check the configuration for CBUS pins as described in section 3.5 (the default config is CBUS0 for TxLED & CBUS1 for RxLED)
must be common anode...?
I put on common cathode, perhaps that's my mistake ?
thanks

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.