Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why LDCP didn't use earlie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

byakuya

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have read an article about LDPC.

i've read that LDPC has found over 35 years ago, but it's forgotten because computational demand for simulation can't be found at that time.

but we know that LDPC has less computational / less complexity than other codes, for example Reed Solomon.
How come, LDPC can't be implemented at that time, but Reed Solomon can be applied? what's the factor?
can anyone answer for something that is confused me? :?

thank you

i've read that LDPC has found over 35 years ago, but it's forgotten because computational demand for simulation can't be found at that time.
You should change the word "simulation" by "decoding".
but we know that LDPC has less computational / less complexity than other codes, for example Reed Solomon.
Are you sure? The success of codes like Reed Solomon is because their structure allows combination of good performance with reasonably low decoding complexity.
Regards

Z

But i've read in some reference, that (binary / gallager) LDPC has lower complexity than the other. But this condition also depend on the application.

Can anyone help me why LDPC can't be implemented in the past but Reed Solomon is chosen. Whereas, LDPC often use nowaday and compete with Turbo Code..
I thought it has correlation with application...

please give me an explanation about it..

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back