Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WHY IS DWT IN OFDM IS BETTER THAN FFT ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

akmirror

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fft ofdm

hi all..i m doing my project in performance analysis of OFDM using discrete wavelet transform instead of FFT which is normally used....

I just want to know why is there a need for DWT to be used in OFDM...what r the drawbacks of FFT in OFDM....????...
thanks...

fft in ofdm

my friend, can i ask you a favore? may i know how to use the DWT insteade the FFT?

discrete wavelet transform

akmirror said:
hi all..i m doing my project in performance analysis of OFDM using discrete wavelet transform instead of FFT which is normally used....

I just want to know why is there a need for DWT to be used in OFDM...what r the drawbacks of FFT in OFDM....????...
thanks...

Why would you want to use discrete walsh transform instead of FFT? lets leave the technical stuff alone, fft is the most efficient transform there is .... correct me if I'm mistaken!

implementing ofdm based on dwt

i have heard that DWT is good than FFt for so many reasons....

FFT only gives frequecny resolution but no time resolution however wavelet transform gives both the frequency and time resolution.

In case of OFDM spectral efficiency increases if DWT is used than FFT . thats why..but can u ppl share much about it

Added after 2 minutes:

hey dear fren DWT that i m referring to is Discrete Wavelet Transform ....

DWT is far better than the fourier transform. isn't it??

wavelet ofdm basics

akmirror said:
i have heard that DWT is good than FFt for so many reasons....

FFT only gives frequecny resolution but no time resolution however wavelet transform gives both the frequency and time resolution.

In case of OFDM spectral efficiency increases if DWT is used than FFT . thats why..but can u ppl share much about it

Added after 2 minutes:

hey dear fren DWT that i m referring to is Discrete Wavelet Transform ....

DWT is far better than the fourier transform. isn't it??

Yeah, I was thinking why would one want to use a Walsh transform. But I have also been thinking of the use of wavelet transform for OFDM but I think the processing required for Wavelet is more than what is required for FFT

But it is certainly something that does interest me, although I must also confess I know very little about Wavelet transforms

dwt ofdm

DWT and FFT represent the same signal. So the question is which transform is more natural to channel properties or more efficient in terms of hardware.

Channel equalization is similar.

But more efficient channel coding requires that the data is unique within a specific frequency band. That favors FFT!

how to use dwt

yes wavelets are a good tool for understanding signal properly...

Can u guys help me?...

Can i get a simulink model in matlab of OFDM that uses DWT i.e the discrete wavelet transform instead of FFT...any suitable codes or model in matlab..i m not looking for it...but haven't been able to find the exact one....

If anyone have any info abt this...plz post or mail me

akmirror@hotmail.com.......thanks

fft importance in ofdm

Hi friends,

can i have a reference to understand the wavelet transform from the communications point of view? even if you have a web link this is not a matter

Thank you

dwt in matlab

I had a webinar for DWT for communication. It was mathworks' webinar, it wasn't detailed but still gave a good understanding of how to use DWT in matlab and its basics also. Try to find it at mathworks.com in the recorded webinars section

why fft used in ofdm

Many thanks my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.