Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why I can login? - Redhat Linux 7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Why I can't login?

After I install Redhat Linux 7.3, I restart the machine, everything seems ok, but when the computer displays "X Windows System" and tells me to enter "Login:" and "Password:", I enter "administrator" and the password, but for a while, the computer displays "Login Incorrect".

I think maybe I forget my password, so I reinstall the whole linux system, and write the password on the paper, but unfortunately, the same thing happens again.

But the amazing thing is that I can login with the user which is created by myself.

I am a newer for Linux, please tell me why I can not login with "administrator". Thanks a lot. 8O

Maybe you should use "root" as the username.

eman

Re: Why I can't login?

yes dear,,,use "root" without quotes as login name or id...and do keep n mind that did u use some capital letters n ur password so try it....

Status
Not open for further replies.