Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why finding impluse response is important?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark360z

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've been studying about signals and systems.

My question is on any systems why we always want to know the impluse response?

I know that impluse has infinite amplitude and it has the same magnitude in all frequency range but why is that important?

sin&cos signal also have the same amplitude in all frequency range. This is confused me a lot.

I may misunderstand something.

I've been studying about signals and systems.
My question is on any systems why we always want to know the impluse response?

I don't think that it is "important" to know the impulse response of a system. And I do not "always want to know" the impulse response.
However, it is interesting to realize that the impulse response (time domain) has a certain relation to the frequency domain (inverse Laplace transformation of the transfer function).
More important is the step response (time domain) and the transfer function (frequency domain).

The impulse response is an easy way to get the overall frequency response of the system using Fourier analysis.

Yes, but is this an "important" method? Is it used in practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back