Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why dummy metals dont require OPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smihaan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
OPC for dummy

Re: OPC for dummy

what do you mean by OPC

Optical Proximity Correction

smihaan said:

Because they're only dummies, and their only purpose is to get the layer coverage to the required level (necessary to guarantee a good yield at the concerned technological work step). Hence no accuracy for the dummies' shapes is required, and this saves CPU time for OPC dataBase calculation.

I normally hear that OPC checks are important for deep submicron technologies. But I couldnt get much info on how OPC correction is done and its significance. Can anyone explain it?

See here for an overview and further links:

OPC is a photolithography enhancement technique commonly used to compensate immage errors. OPC increase the fidelity of pattern transfer to the wafer.

Usually in technology used by me, you have the possibility to generate dummy with or without OPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back