Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] why cant i use single driver supply with IPM from FUJI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed4444

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
why cant i use single driver supply with IPM from FUJI (6mbp15rh060)?
in pdf it require four separate supply inputs for gate drive. Shortly can this IPM work only with a single gate supply?
or make the power supply by one transformer with 4 bridges and 4 regulators?

As you know, high side IGBTs requires isolated power supplies. One transformer and 4 isolated outputs can work. But,be sure that the isolation capacitance between outputs and input-output is very low. Otherwise high dV/dt can be problematic.

If anybody knows the calculation of the maximum allowable isolation capacitance value, please give an explanation here.

Additionally, bootstrap power supply can also work. In this method only one power supply is needed. But IPM producers doesnt recommend it.

Regards,

Hello

You can use a chip called M57140-01. This hybrid ic supplies 4 isolated DC-DC converter. I tried this one and there isn't any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back