Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why are you closing threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul.6sept

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi moderators,

Plz let me know as what is the urgent need from your end that you are closing threads and the same can't be kept open.

Also in case someone wants to add a point to a closed thread, in that case is there any option that you have kept open so as to this issue?

Plz reply.

Regards,

rc

Instead of making a general discussion about the intension of closing threads can you please tell us which closed thread you are referring to?

Alex

Just to add, not many threads are closed, but those that are closed will be for a good reason. For example this thread: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/46213/ has had two dozen posts (which I have deleted) saying "me too..." asking for a file to be emailed to them when the link is in the thread if they could be bothered to read it. Also, asking the original poster to email something is pointless as the thread is 7 years old and the person who posted the link has not visited Edaboard for ages.

Another example would be

Some threads are spam magnets and so can be closed for that reason.

Keith.

Hi alexan_e,

I'm referring to the thread "Better Circuit Simulator" which was started (not by me ofcourse) only about 6 months back.I was looking forward to add a reply to the same but found it closed.

Regards,
rc

Threads like these are posted over and over again and the mentioned software names are always the same so I don't see the point of having a new thread when you can refer to a previous existing thread.

Check these:

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/200930/

Alex

rc,

I would be interested to know what your contribution to the thread would be?

Have you used Multisim V11.0? That is a prerequisite to actually answering the original question. No one who answered actually had!

Keith

In addition the original posted didn't bother to provide any further info about his request in the five months that the thread was open.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.