Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

who know this symbol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcgan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Anyone know this symbol is represent what component?

Thanks.

Hi,
The symbol represents LED (Light Emitting Diode)

Regards,
cinch

LED not only 2 pins and no square shape on the symbol?

I think I have seen this before. Seem to remember that it may be an IR Led in a can with built in lens. I think the other pin is for grounding. Could be wrong on this.

To my opinion it's an unsuccesful attempt to create a new symbol for a special component. If it would be e. g. a kind of IR transmitter with a supply and a control pin, the supply must not be connected to the diode.

It is a rty-color LED. I would built it with more detailes.

The most popular type of tri-colour LED has a red and a green LED combined in one package with three leads. They are called tri-colour because mixed red and green light appears to be yellow and this is produced when both the red and green LEDs are on.
The diagram shows the construction of a tri-colour LED.

Medini said:
It is a rty-color LED. I would built it with more detailes.

The most popular type of tri-colour LED has a red and a green LED combined in one package with three leads. They are called tri-colour because mixed red and green light appears to be yellow and this is produced when both the red and green LEDs are on.
The diagram shows the construction of a tri-colour LED.

you know sites where it's best discussed? tnx.

its a tri coloured LED the Led is available in electric shops.................................

it is a tri-color LED
I keep my opinion that it's an unsuccesful attempt to create a new symbol. I would return it to the cad guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.