Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who can simulate phase noise of VCO by SPICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinspace

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spice phase noise

Hello, everyone:
1. Is it necessary to add external noise soure to the circuit? I use the TSMC 0.6um model, however, I can not find the noise parameters, such as ef, em, noia, noib, noic. Do these noise parameters change to other names??
2. who can simulate phase noise of VCO by SPICE? By sampling and doing fft analysis to the transient output signal of VCO, I can get the frequency spectrum, then convert to phase noise. But someone tell me that this method is wrong, I don't know WHY?
Thanks & best regards,
Flyinspace

vco spice

I'd like to learn how to measure the pll jitters as well.

hspice phase noise

hey flyinspace look at
https://www.designers-guide.com/
look at the forums section.

SPICE-like tools cant be used for this purpose,
as they are not capable of determining Periodic Steady State solution of oscillators. SpectreRf can be used for your purpose.

phase noise pspice

hello, srik
You say the fft method has proved very unreliable when measured on silicon. Can you provide some detailed papers or material for me to refer? I want to know reasons about drawback of the fft method.
Thanks & best regards,
Flyinspace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back