Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which opamp do I choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spon_GE_boB

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need some advice guys, for the most part, my circuit is complete. However, I'm stumped at which opamp to use for my final part of the circuit. I am using the 16f877a connected to a 3V buzzer. I know that the PIC cannot power the buzzer fully. So in order to compensate, I need to use an opamp. Which opamp should I use. Thanks in advance.

hi,

connecting a transistor to your PIC to complete the buzzer circuit will be ideal. the schematic will give you a clear idea,connect the r16 resistors other end to the PIC IC pin. if you make that pin high,buzzer gets ON and if you make the same pin low then buzzer is OFF.this is the case if you are using a NPN transistor(you can use any general purpose NPN transistor)

Attachments

• buzzer-schematic.png
    buzzer-schematic.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Buzz.jpg
    Buzz.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 101

I'll try that first circuit. I don't really understand the second one. I'll post back as soon as I get it working.

So where's the OPAMP?

By the way, the two circuits are almost identical, the second design includes the voltage regulator and PIC and the first has a diode to drain any Back EMF.

What are the current and voltage requirements of the Piezo buzzer you intend to use? These are the first requirements to a successful design? I try to find the datasheet on a HPG-05A without any luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back