Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which one should I choose from the front and back end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collang2

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I'm studying ASIC design based on synopsys tool.(DC, ICC, ICC2, PT..)

I started with RTL coding, did STA, and did P&R. Both were interesting and motivated. So I'm studying hard.

According to LinkedIn, they hire PI(Front end) and PD(Back end) teams. It makes me thinking about which field to study deeply.

Can you tell me or recommend the characteristics of the team that you felt (e.g., barriers to entry, manpower shortage, vision, treatment of developers...)?

it's all subjective. I would say working as a backend VLSI engineer is a slightly nobler task, simply for the reason that ASIC and FPGA front end tasks are rather too similar and a lot of engineers can write RTL.

You should choose one as per your interest (you already have an idea what is happening).
Secondly if you are choosing back-end design, remember that your job will be limited to the ASIC design/consultancy industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back