Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which linux would be most reliable for a server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raticus

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
most reliable linux

I have suse 8.0 professional , and fedora installation packages.
Are either of these good enough , or should I invest in a different installation for a server.

Hi,

I think that the best is "Linux Red Hat Enterprise Advanced Server 3.0" (Red Hat Enterprise A.S. 3.0). You can find it on eMule to try it, but keep in mind that it is not free.

Regards,
The Dock

Agreed, the latest WS/ES and AS versions are probably the best for reliability, they have been tested and certfied with many software companies and alot of hardware. Also the kernal has been tuned for maximum reliability and performance, it also has the most important 2.6 kernal features using only the 2.4 kernal.

Thanks for the advice,guys.
I will use redhat enterprise.

Cheers
Raticus

Hello,

I think it depends on your applicaion. If you want to setup an EDA server, RH AS is ok. However, if you want to make a transaction server, maybe you could choice the IBM Linux.

What do you think about CentOS? It is a free version of RH enterprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.