Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Linux device driver is easy to develop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reckless

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there
im a new bee and going to develop a device driver inlinux so can any one please guide me which driver is good to build at start
thanx:|

Re: linux device driver

eBooks : Linux device Driver 2.0 First Edition 2.4 Second Edition 2.6 thind Edition (free on line)
Understanding Linux
Linux Internal Kernel

I hope this can help you

hey my qn is wheather to go in which driver like do i make PCI driver or which one is good for start

To start I think that characters devices it's better to write, I think you can find more informations about Char device in the first book in the last message.

how about PCI card like that suggest some good one ??

you got to start from some where.I would also say that character devices for start are good.
PCI standard is quite complex.I would say first get your hands straight on linux devices drivers and kernel development then you can think about PCI and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.