Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the difference between...and more questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

venerable13

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1-I use Footprint maker for Orcad 16.3 but when I generated the footprint and select pcb editor can't see it, it seems that it's designed for Allegro because if I put generate and then select allegro the footprint appears. Which is the difference to use one or the other because I'm using pcb editor. If the differences are minimum I prefer to use Footprint maker than pcb editor and can't dispose of a lot of footprints in seconds

2-Then, if I use Footprint Maker and the footprint is generated, how can I use it? Because if I generate a footprint, in C://MYSYM appears a lot of archives, I copy all to my library directory and I can use it, but what is the exactly way to operate with it?
What exact archives should copy to my library because in any footprints the generation of archives is very big. For example, if I create a header of 20 pins in C:// MYSYM is generated "tira20pines-1x2.psm", tira20pines-1x3.psm ...... to "tira20pines-1x20.psm" a rang of a lot of archives when I only need "tira20pines-1x2.psm". How you use this program to obtain a footprint the quickest way possible (the steps), because I don't see a tutorial.

3-Is there a form to watch in Capture the footprints without open pcb editor or allegro? Other form to navigate for the menu libraries that not to be place - manually and ticking the part to watch it (I hate to tick the box in the part to watch it)

4-Can I change a footprint in allegro or pcb editor if I commit an error in capture? How? In properties of the part?

5-If I change a footprint in capture when I have pcb editor or allegro open this footprint changes in them in real time? How can ability this if by default I can't get it?

6-Which is the difference between Orcad Capture an Capture CIS?

Thanks!

It is a community very extensive and specialiced, GO ON!

Can anyone say to me any others community of orcad 16.3?

i wll answer for the question 6

OrCAD Capture CIS is a software tool whcih is part of the OrCAD circuit design suite.Capture CIS & Capture are more over identical.

1.But CIS has an addition of the component information system (CIS).
2.CIS has the option to export netlists, representative of the circuit schematic
which is currently open, to the OrCAD simulation utility, PSPICE
3. CIS has the option to export a hardware description of the circuit schematic that
is currently open,either in Verilog or VHDL

The CIS links component information, such as printed circuit board package footprint data or simulation behavior data, with the circuit symbol in the schematic. When exported to other tools in the OrCAD design suite, the data stored in the CIS is also transferred to the other tool.

Capture CIS also exports a simulation configuration file, accessible through the simulation toolbar.
Capture may also export a netlist to the SPICE simulation utility.Capture also has the ability to export netlists to several different circuit board layout utilities, such as OrCAD Layout, Allegro, and others. When combined with the CIS, circuit board footprints are linked to this netlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back