Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the best way to drive a mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajudp

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best way to drive a mosfet

From this which is the best way to drive a mosfet.

actually it is for a pushpull inverter and i am only showing the driver part.

i found the picture of the board but dont have the circuit. by looking the pict there is no device for driving the mosfet.
i am attaching the pict here

Added after 3 minutes:

55_1234289010.jpg

thanks for the reply

if we drive the mosfet directly then vgs will be below 5v i am interested because only one ic (mostly pic16f676) is used so low cost . i found it from

**broken link removed**

if anybody having schematics please share it.

Hai

Pull it down to ground not to +

At reset of micro the output will be tristated. The mosfet will be on unless to change the trisated to output and logic level to 0

Regards
Nandhu

The single-chip inverter is supposed to use a PWM control IC with sufficient gate drive capability rather than a uP. If you imagine higher output power than a few ten watts, there's no way to drive the power stage from a PIC or any other uP directly.

As you mentioned low cost, you're probably planing to use cheap standard MOSFETs, that require sufficient (e.g. 8-12 V) gate drive voltage for acceptable performance. This can't work without a level translating gate driver.

thanks

but i am asking for the driving volt 5v or 12v to the gate of mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back