Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WHICH IS FAST? BJT or MOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
is mosfet faster compared to bjt

When you say faster you have to mention the ft (unity current gain frequency ) & fmax (unity power gain frequency)
you can see that ft & fmax of BJT are larger than ft & fmax of MOS
best regards,
Rania

why is bjt faster than mosfet

can you people explain about it elobarately in basic terms??????

bjts, diodes, mos

if you drive BJT circuit with current, I mean the state of BJTs will be determined by current instead of voltage, and if you avaoid BJT to go in saturation deeply,this can be done by using schotky clamping diodes, BJT circuits are faster.

why bjt fastest fet

Dear Friend,
MOS is always faster than BJT, thats why all latest processor are based on CMOS technology, or some on Hybrid MOS..........so its very clear due to very low switching time of MOS that MOS is always faster than BJT.

REGARDS
JSPS

is mosfet faster than bjt?

BJT is slower in switching due to the time taken for dischargin base charge.But i think for analog applications BJt is faster.
Correct me if i am wrong

bjt mosfet faster

bipolar logic is faster than unipolar logic due to the gain and amount of capacitance involved... but it is noisier....

mosfets are faster than bjt

i think BJT is faster but we can achieve faster speed in mos by using lastest techniques such as burried layer

quick revision about bjt

I think BJT is faster and if I remember it right one thing That MOS cannot do better than BJT is that BJT has Higher frequency Response. But others prefer MOS because of its lower size and lower power consumption.

very fast bjt

electronXwork said:
I think BJT is faster and if I remember it right one thing That MOS cannot do better than BJT is that BJT has Higher frequency Response. But others prefer MOS because of its lower size and lower power consumption.

Everyone whose saying Bjt is faster better read this........MOS is 100% faster...........Bacause as its name suggests.....Metal Oxide Semiconductor ,It has high input impedance which makes it much faster than BJTs........

Ishan
Electronics & Telecom. Engineer

bjt transistor faster than mosfet

With modern technology, both are equivalent.

how to convert bjt to mos

Everyone whose saying Bjt is faster better read this........MOS is 100% faster...........Bacause as its name suggests.....Metal Oxide Semiconductor ,It has high input impedance which makes it much faster than BJTs........

Ishan
Electronics & Telecom. Engineer

MOS has high input impedance
but it has capacitances too which are to be considered...

transistor,bjt is faster than fet

mos is faster than bjt

why mos is slower than bjt

As said before, BJTs are faster than MOS as the parasitic capacitance in the MOS strongly affects the frequency response.

Why are MOS used in modern procesors??

That's due to scaling issues that are only applicable for MOS. Scaling down BJTs is a very hard process. Also BJTs consume more power than MOS.

A good proof that BJTs are faster is that scaling down MOS makes LOTS OF TROUBLE. e.g. high field, lower gm, verybad frequency response, etc...
On the other side, in most bipolar transistors the size of the device does not significantly affect the performance.
Even of that we use MOS as it is the only choice.

So, BJTs are faster

I've learned something which is
"Law of conservation of misery" :D
There is nothing perfect all the way.
MOS can't be small, fast and consume low power.
While BJTs are big, slow and consume high power.

There should be a trade off.

Sherif

mosfet bjt faster

MOSFET advantage BJT in all aspects:

-MOSFET transconductance increase with drain current, the consequence is less distortion.
-Less power in the driver circuit.

-Larger save operation area.

-Greater bandwidth.

-Thermal stable.
So, BJTs are faster
I guess thats correcrt, but MOSFET delievers better performence per unit area, efficient.

:D U cant take flight to ur office when its few miles away ( Bad joke.. but meaning conveyed)

which is much better bjt or fet?

sh.ebyary is right! Those are all the reasons why we use MOS widely in IC manufacturing today.

I'm not sure that both run at the same speed but I think it's possible to say "equivalent" though BJT is rather faster a bit.

PS: I think it's so bad to just say "BJT/MOS is faster" and nothing more. No explanations, no evidences. Those just make the questioner confused.

which is better fast bjt or mos

It depends on the application. For VSLI Design Cmos is mostly used

which is faster bjt or mos

BJT is much faster than MOS

compare the characteristics mos and bjt

hi,
I think MOSFET is fast and that's why it is used in drives for high switching

fet vs. bjt faster

mos is faster than bjt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search