Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which inductor and capacitor can i use in LNA layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahdiiust

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I want to post simulate a LNA circuit in virtuoso including a 600 pH degeneration inductor and two 100 pF capacitors. My technology file is TSMC18rf and I use spiral_s2_std and pmoscap available in TSMC18rf library. But both of them occupy big area in layout.
Is my work true? And if not, what can I use as inductor and capacitor in this situation?
Thanks!

Inductor do have huge areas! In PLL or PA, inductor occupied most of areas. Bur i am not sure if pmoscap is acceptable in performance, i know MIM caps are commonly used in RF design.

The 100pF cap is not used for the compensation, right?

If it is, then the pmoscap can be used.

Yes it is true my friend. Most of the area of the LNA is occupied by inductors and capacitors. If you really have area problem you should use active instructors.
But there is a problem with active inductors and its their noise. They have higher noise comparing to passive devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back