Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Ground is the shield of a loadcell connected to AGND or DGND?

Status
Not open for further replies.

h9876

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which Ground should the shield of a loadcell be connected to AGND or DGND?

Hi,
I want to read the output of a loadcell using an AD7730. Should I connect the Shield of the loadcell to Analogue ground or digital ground and why?

Thanks

Last edited:

Any answers anyone?

loadcell will give you Analog reading; thats why it is neccesary to connect loadcell with AGND of AD7730
you can refer chip datasheet it will clear your confusion further more.

loadcell will give you Analog reading; thats why it is neccesary to connect loadcell with AGND of AD7730
you can refer chip datasheet it will clear your confusion further more.

But I want to know where to connect the SHIELD wire. The loadcell has 5 wires: AVCC, AGND, OUT +, OUT -, Shield. I know where to connect the other 4. The only thing I have doubts about is the shield which is not connected to the internal circuitry of the loadcell but is a shield which protects the wires and circuits and reduces noise. I want to know if it is better to connect this wire to AGND or DGND?

can you share your existing circuit ??

Hello,
i am working with same ic AD7730 with a load cell transmitter project
and i have the same problem i dont know where to connect the shiled of load cell
how many bits u get from the adc ?
i get 14 bits
lets share our projects ? and work togather if u like ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back