Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which gates act as universal gates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Universal Gates

Hi,
Universal gates are
NAND
NOR
MUX

thanks
sarfraz

i dont know about mux but i read "nand and nor gates are universal gates" because by using these two gates only we can make any type of circuit....

i think Nand nor and inverter are universal gates
and i also mean that inverter is the main universal gate
with this we can buld any system

NAND and NOR are the universal gates

MUX is the universal circuit from which you can make any gate logic

Universal Gates

Hi
Kinjal is right.
Mux is conmbinational logic built using gates,which can be used to build any higher logic.

Hey!

Is implication really a universal gate? How can one make an AND gate using the IMPLICATION gate?

Thanks in advance

Here is a link to the universal gates: **broken link removed**. All the circuits are interactive, so you can click on the inputs to see how they work.

As far as NAND and NOR go, if you have ever build a logic gate using transistors, then you know the following: All gates are networks of inverters; the simplest gates are NAND and NOR; all other gates are in fact build with inverters, NAND gates, and NOR gates. These designs are the most cost effective. Mathematically, on the other hand, we can probably show other universal gates, but they won't be cost effective.

The link I give you has more information. or just go to **broken link removed** and navigate from there.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back