Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which chip to use for 5-7m range for RF communication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i wanted to know which chip to use for 5-7m range for RF communication for reasonable costs...and also how reliable it is?..Is checksum circuit necessary for the above chips

Re: RF comm Reliability

Hi Advy,
Before suggesting I will like to know.
1. What is bit rate requirement ?
2. What is application ?
3. What is target Bit error rate ?

i am a newbie...i am doing a project of contolling a robot via sms..i would also like to experiment with RF comm.i initally wanted to use r(t)lp434a...but then was warned against its unreliability...

my goals are

moving a robot to a distance of 5-7m minimum having various commands for left right,led on off etc

i am using 8051 at both ends and want to program at assembly level so checksum programs will become very difficult..

so please suggest me the way to overcome this problem

thanx

Well reliability will always be an issue with Wireless. Reliability was ensured by network mechanisms such as acknowledgements. I have used only Zigbee but it was also unreliable. So, I do not have any idea what chip can give you better reliability without network stack.

The company that makes PIC microcontrollers also makes RF versions.

You should use the lowest bit rate possible and include error control coding such as Hamming types.

RF comm Reliability

but i guess my question still remains unanswered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back