Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which algorithm is best to identify printed alphabet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjl3

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please introduce some to me. thanks!

Pls use the word OCR when you look over the net.
The best OCR algo. are based on neural networks theory
Gandalf

yeah, you have to go lookup OCR

you will probably do a lot of 'preprocessing' and then feed the processed data to a neural network.

Dear friend ,

it is not that you only need neural networks.

you have to look at some very good Image processing algorithms and do the preprocessing and use some pattern recognition principles, then may be if needed you can use neural networks. neural networks is always not the ultimate right choice.

bye

Thanks for your kindly reply!

i want to apply it into a pocket product(scanning pen). so hoping this algorithm is simple and can be executed by MCU. whether i need think over the speed of sanning? because everyone will scan book at defferent speed.

i only need to identify printed alphabet no handwriting.

Thre is a product that has a pen shap that scan text.
The main functionality is to scan and translate text. the product name is Quicktionary - the company is located in Israel.

Thanks very much!

just now i looked through this product, but i think they will not instruct me :?

If your text contains math maybe you should check Infty Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back