Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where do you apply TDMA in transmission system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mehdi12

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody
The reason of asking such question is that I know the antenna's output is analog and I know the transmission algorithm like TDMA is to get more users at the same time, so I wondered about TDMA, is it applied on analog signal? Actually I am quite confused with this.

Typically the single carrier frequency in a TDMA signal is analog modulated with digital signals.
Each channel has it's own time slot, where the digital signals for that slot are transmitted and each time slot is send many times per second.
By making the time slot short, multiple channels can be sequentially sent and received.

Thank you,
but I still have some confusion. Although I know the theoretical principles of multiple access itself, I muddle up with Multiplexing and Multiple Access, and where they are used in the transmission system.
Finally, I know 100% Multiplexing and Multiple Access are before antenna but I don't know where it is in specific.

Hi Mehdi12, TDMA is used in GSM. Actually, GSM is mixture of FDMA and TDMA. Also in UMTS they use TDD apart from FDD. You can find much more details on these technologies online.

Status
Not open for further replies.