Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I download Visual Basic and tutorials for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjosoviaj

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,

i'm planning to do a project on a security camera.

i need to learn visual basic for the purpose.

can anyone please suggest me from where to study visual basic.
i also wanted to know if it was possible to send an e-mail and issue GSM ATcommands using VB.

thanks

Re: visual basic

first , study the vb from any good book,

like vb for electronic

in that or in any book you get the , comm function and terminal icon , study it .

it is too easy to make project on vb , but for electronics people it is still hard to do so.

thank you

best of luck

visual basic

The MSDN has several introductory tutorial and reference about all Visual Studio package. What version of VB are you gonna use?

Darth Maul said:
The MSDN has several introductory tutorial and reference about all Visual Studio package. What version of VB are you gonna use?

i actually haven't decided upon it since i dont know anything about VB..jus started going through its tutorial...i need to do image processing(for motion detection), send an e-mail, and instruct a GSM module(using ATcommands) using visual basic...

pls help me out...

Added after 1 minutes:

i also need to know from where i can download VB because everywhere i searchd it was licensed...

thank u...

Don't u think C/C++ or even java would be better for this kind of application? Neither
is difficult, though the learning curve is a bit steeper than that of visual basic.

search for Visual Basic Black Book..it has all the necessary Image processing basics covered.....a dedicated section for it....i complted my project using the Black Book

I would suggest that the Visual Basic Black book is an excellent guide for beginners and especially in your case where u wanna do camera and stuff image processing is pretty much explained in detail.

here is some links for VB
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back