Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's wrong with my Qu@rtusII and Sopc Builder??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemyMartin

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The version of my Qu@rtusII is 3.0,and Sopc Builder's is 3.01,and the
license of Qu@rtusII is ok. But a problem of Sopc Builder pains me.
After a Qu@rtusII project is built, I do the follwing in order to use
the Sopc Builder:
Tools--->Sopc Builder(at this time, it is active).
But the Qu@rtusII does not launch the Sopc Builder, and there is no
error or note dialog box pop out: just like that I've done nothing.
What's wrong with them??
My operating system is Win2000, and I installed it in the C: disk of
my personal computer. Since there was not enough space in my C: disk, I
installed Qu@rtusII in the D: disk, and the directory is
D:\Program Files\qu@rtus\........ and the design folder that come with
the software is D:\Program Files\qdesigns\.......
And also I installed Sopc Buileder in the D: disk:
D:\altera\excalibur\sopc_builder\.........
The default directories of the software are in C: disk.
Could it be that I have not installed them in their default directories
that the Qu@rtusII could not find the Sopc Builder ?
Waiting for your answers sincerely!

Remy_martin,

I had problem with sopc builder when I first installed Quartus and the software that came with my Nios development board. After spending many hours on hold just trying to get through the Altera tech support I actually got a tech who helped me track down the problem.

There is only supposed to be one installation of sopc builder. It seems that Quartus 3.0 includes sopc builder in a subdirectory, and the install script for my Nios software installed a different version in a different subdirectory and this was causing a problem when I ran the software since it was aware of both dirs.

I believe that Quartus has the latest sopc builder, but I needed the cores that came with the Nios version of sopc builder. I forget exactly how I finally did the install, but I was able to get it to work.

If you want PM me and I can take a look at my system at home and see how I did the install.

Hope this helps.

Radix

Hi there,

i have the same Problem with my Quartus II 3.0 and SOPC Builder.

I want to use the SOCP Builder to develop for the Excalibur System and I want to use the Nios Kit (on Stratix FPGA) too. I first installed the Quartus II software, then the Nios Kit (with SOCP Builder 3.0) and everything was fine. But then i wanted to use the SOPC Builder and the GNUPro Tools for the Excalibur. So i did an installation of the Excalibur SOPC Builder 2.7 and GNUPro Tools in another directory than the Installation of the Nios Kit before.

Now the Problem is, that i can not use the SOPC Builder in any Quartus II Project for the Excalibur. When trying to start the SOPC Builder (Tool menue, or toolbar) nothing happens (no warning or error message, simply nothing). But when i buid a Quartus Project for another FPGA (Stratix FPGA) using the Nios CPU the SOPC Builder works fine.

I don't know what to do, so hopefully someone here can help me!

Greetings,
Kim

I have the same Problem with my quartus II 5.0 and SOPC Builder. I attach a picture of error below

Hope anybody can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back