Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the type of load cell output and how to interface it with 89c51?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelam

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends
can anybody please tell me that what is the kind of output that a load cell gives and how can i interface it with microcontroller 89c51.
the weigh scale is from 0gms - 25 gms with resolution of 0.01 .which load cell to use for this?

waiting for reply
please help
neelam

Re: load cell output?

Neelam,

The standard output of most load cells is 2mV/V.
Most use a wheat stone bridge and have a max
output of +/- 20mV @ 10V excitation.

The folowing companies sell load cells.

www.columbiaresearchlabs.com
www.lebow.com
www.interfacetech.com

There are many more, checkout Sensor Magazine website for more listings.

Have a great day.

MAKeller

load cell output?

Thanks a lot for replying MAKeller. can you please tell me what do you please explain me in detail, about,---> "2mV/V" and "output of +/- 20mV @ 10V excitation".

Thanks once again.

load cell output?

If you apply 10V at the excitation pins, and put full weight on the load cell, it will give 2mv X 10V = 20mv output at the output pins..

That is quite small to be measured directly by the ADC inputs unless the ADC has a built in amplifier. So conventionally, you will need a low noise amplifier and an ADC to be able to read by 89C51.

Re: load cell output?

AD7730 from ADI have all the needs for signal conditioning AND digitizing the load cell data.

load cell output?

plz help i want to knwo why load cell have to o/p signal (+ve&-ve) and which one used to be read with muc

load cell output?

Load Cell is a wheatstone bridge. It has differential outputs. You have to use suitable differential amplifier or ADC to read it.

load cell output?

you could use the CS5520 /CS5516 interfaces from Cirrus logic for the load cell.

load cell output?

hi for same topics i have load cell and its work good but i cant measure output voltage change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back