Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats the maximum number of meshcells you have simulated in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan1

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Whats the maximum number of meshcells you have simulated in MWS? I wonder what would be the number of maximum meshcells if I use 3 gigs of RAM.

Re: Whats the maximum number of meshcells you have simulated

Definitely depends on the size of your model :D

I tried with a simple coax model and managed almost 14 million meshnodes, no problem. Not that you would particularly want to sit around around waiting for it to simulate!

8-9 million mesh nodes takes abt 3-4 days to complete on 3Gig Ram.

Element7k

6 millions of meshcells (taked about 1GB of RAM)
simulation time was only 1/2 day because of low-Q structure

I managed to go up to 14 million. But the structure was not so detailed. For a very detailed structure and whose dimensions are much smaller to the wavelength I could only go up to 8 million.

Less than 1000

I have not enough time to simulate circuit, and I think it is unvalued for simulating to a high precision

What's the point of inflating the No. of meshcells if you don't get a good energy convergence ?

I think the right way is to find a simple approximation to your model (if possible, ofcourse) and set a lower energy convergence criterion.

dont you ?

Pushhead said:
What's the point of inflating the No. of meshcells if you don't get a good energy convergence ?

I think the right way is to find a simple approximation to your model (if possible, ofcourse) and set a lower energy convergence criterion.

dont you ?

May be a bit off topic.Of course the AR filter is there to help you with very slow convergence.

-svarun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back