Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what's the future of synchronous circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

power-twq

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
because synchronous has much more switching noise and power

consumption, when a chip becomes larger, these problem are

harder to deal with.

I think asynchronous circuit that has little islands synchronous circuit

are our direction.

any comments welcome.

best regards

well to be frank with u.. am worin with asynchronous circuits and the prospects of this design seem to be alarming when compared to that of synchronous circuit design.

one major factor is low power in design can be achieved with this asynchronous communication scheme.

advantages like :-

low power achieved as it supports clock gating

zero stand by power

supports adiabatic computing

better compatability with this design there is req and ack signals..

data loss is minimized.

very little skew can be found in this design.

there is one book especially on asynchronous circuits by meyers. read that book.. its very useful as it gives an indepth analysis of asynchronous ckt design.

with regards,

I am agree with you about the asynchronous circuit will play a great role in the future's digital design. but i think that the synchronous circuit will still the most important methods in future even thought more powerful synthesis eda tools can be used for asynchronous circuits . because man is always favour to a easy design methods and synch method is easier. may be GALS is best choice in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back