Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the formula for finding the Shannon limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwjcwjcwj

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can I know how to find a Shannon limit, if I am using BPSK and Coding rate-1/2. Is there any specific formula to find it?Thx.

bsc shannon limit

C=BW*log2(1+S/N), this is the Shannon limit, if consider the codec gain, you should reference to the "digital communication handbook"

snr shannon limit

hi
i didnt undrestand your questions , but if you are looking for amethod to determine the maximum data rate possible on a channel , then there is agood paper by Blahaut that he develops one of the only two algrithemes that can measure the channenl bandwidth and data rate( practical values) ...

Best Regards

shannon capacity bpsk rate 1/2

If I am using BPSK with coding rate of 1/2, and I am looking for the SNR values. So, what should I assume with the bandwidth in C=BW*log2(1+S/N). I read some of the text book saying that, shannon limit for such coding rate and BPSK is 0.188 dB. How should I apply it? Is it 0.5=BW*log2(1+s/N)?

shannon limit

what is 0.188 dB? SNR or energy per bit(Eb/N0)?? What the text book do you read? The shannon limit is -1.6 dB (Eb/N0) regardless modulation schemes. Also the rate 1/2 is a rate for BSC channel whose the maxmimum capacity is one. This is in the different part of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back